- 6 glasses of sherry wine in a little Moroccan style tray, This tray allows you to move freely within the San Miguel Market, without worrying about spilling something.
- Top quality wines, These wines have been selected because of their supreme quality, color and aroma, starting from the driest to the sweetest sherry wines available in the market.
- Audio guide, You will receive an audio guide, available in 8 languages, which will allow you to listen to each explanation of the wines, history, etc. as often as you want to.
- Explanation, Each wine in the tray is labeled. The audio guide recording will indicate the steps of the wine tasting, explaining the origin of the grapes, the elaboration methods, the process of ageing, and what is more, how you will sense the different aromas and tastes. All the explanation is done by experienced oenologists.
- 6 tapas for matching, Each wine is matched, free of charge, with a tapa. You have different options that adapt to your taste preferences or eating intolerances. Of course, the matching options have been previously selected in order to go allong with the respective sherry you are tasting.
The audioguided sherry taste is not only about having some diferent sherry wines. It is more. It is about getting to know the world of sherry, enjoying a wonderful experience and matching the different sherry wines with selected tapas, and, what is more, enjoying at the same time the breathtaking Mercado de San Miguel, located in the very heart of Madrid.
We are located in the San Miguel Market, Mercado de San Miguel Madrid, right next to the main square, Plaza Mayor and very close to Puerta de Sol.
This exhibition focuses on Alfred Hitchcock (London, 1899-Los Angeles, 1980), revealing some of the keys to his recognisable style, combining the traits of commercial films with stylistic trademarks. The exhibition is already set in Fundación Telefonica until February 2017.
Rear Window, Psycho, Vertigo or The Birds are some of his biggest masterpieces, films whose has turned them into cinema classics and icons of modernity. We will able to see in the exhibitions interesting details like: the filmmaker’s mastery of avant-garde artistic resources; his ability to be surrounded by skilful collaborators, from technicians to designers to screenwriters to actors and actresses; his strict control over the whole filmmaking process (something quite unusual at the time); the importance of female roles and the complexity of men-women relationships in his movies; the capacity to portray the zeitgeist of his time and the influence on society’s mores and uses.
Curated by Pablo Llorca, a Film and Photography History Professor at Salamanca University’s faculty of Fine Arts (USAL), contributor to various national and international publications and a film director himself.
WHEN? From 5 October 2016 to 5 February 2017. 3rd floor
WHERE? Espacio Fundación Telefónica Madrid. In Fuencarral street, 3 28004
HOW TO ARRIVE?
– By Metro: Gran Vía (L1, L5) or Sol
– By Bus: 1, 2, 46, 74, 146, 202
Tue-Sun 10am-8pm. Closed on Monday
– Tuesday: 12:00 | 18:00
– Wednesday: 18:00
– Saturday: 12:00
Hitchcock, más allá del suspense