- 6 glasses of sherry wine in a little Moroccan style tray, This tray allows you to move freely within the San Miguel Market, without worrying about spilling something.
- Top quality wines, These wines have been selected because of their supreme quality, color and aroma, starting from the driest to the sweetest sherry wines available in the market.
- Audio guide, You will receive an audio guide, available in 8 languages, which will allow you to listen to each explanation of the wines, history, etc. as often as you want to.
- Explanation, Each wine in the tray is labeled. The audio guide recording will indicate the steps of the wine tasting, explaining the origin of the grapes, the elaboration methods, the process of ageing, and what is more, how you will sense the different aromas and tastes. All the explanation is done by experienced oenologists.
- 6 tapas for matching, Each wine is matched, free of charge, with a tapa. You have different options that adapt to your taste preferences or eating intolerances. Of course, the matching options have been previously selected in order to go allong with the respective sherry you are tasting.
The audioguided sherry taste is not only about having some diferent sherry wines. It is more. It is about getting to know the world of sherry, enjoying a wonderful experience and matching the different sherry wines with selected tapas, and, what is more, enjoying at the same time the breathtaking Mercado de San Miguel, located in the very heart of Madrid.
We are located in the San Miguel Market, Mercado de San Miguel Madrid, right next to the main square, Plaza Mayor and very close to Puerta de Sol.
1. A VIDEO MAPPING IN PLAZA MAYOR
The 4th centenary celebrations start this Friday 17th February with the first immersive video mapping that is screened in Spain.
Considered the largest video mapping in Spain, its premiere will kick off the activities of the 4th centenary on 17th February at 8.30pm and it will also be screened on 18th and 19th February at the same time.
We will discover the history of the Plaza Mayor, since the end of the 16th century until the present day.
WHEN: 17, 18 and 19 February – 8.30pm
METRO STATION: Sol (L1, L2, L3), Tirso de Molina (L1)
2. MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid (MBFWM) is the biggest fashion event in Spain. Twice a year, in February, the autumn/winter collections are introduced for 2017/2018. On the whole, there’ll be 42 Spanish designers, plus an international guest from one of the Mercedes-Benz International Fashion Weeks in other countries. If you love fashion, you can not miss this event!
WHEN: From 16 to 21 February
UNDERGROUND: Campo de las Naciones (L8)
BUS: 112, 122, 828
PRICES: Different prices, if you need more information please check out the official webpage
3. CONCERT OF THE WEEKEND: TOM ODELL
‘The young promise’ of pop or rock has talent enough to shine for a great many years. Odell was born in Chichester in 1990 and won the Brit Critics’ Choice Award in 2013 for his debut studio album, Long Way Down, which sold more than a million copies. a great chance to see this singer in Spain!
WHEN: 18 February 2017 9 PM
ADDRESS: Calle Barceló, 11 28036
METRO: Tribunal (L1, L10)
4. HOUDINI: THE LAWS OF AMAZEMENT
Harry Houdini was one of the most famous illusionists in history, incorporating important innovations into his magic tricks at a time when theatres were still immersed in the imagery of the 19th Century.
The exhibition looks back at the history of modern magic and its evolution, from fairground attraction to major shows on a grand scale. A perfect plan for the weekend!
WHEN: Until 28 May
ADDRESS: Calle Fuencarral, 3
UNDERGROUND: Gran Vía (L1, L5)
BUS: 1, 2, 46, 74, 146, 202
LOCAL TRAIN: Sol/Gran Vía